Google Dialer - Playstore

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So the first non-nexus phone got the KitKat update (Moto X) And it seems like the business search feature is missing (Search in dialer, not when a unknown business calls). So either Google devided to keep this to themselves, or Moto just fked up. With the playstore getting additions such as Googles Camera, Keyboard, Calender, and Moto uploading their camera and assist app (Only for Moto X/droids though). Do you think Google will make the move to upload their KitKat dialer to the Play Store? Makes sense if Google wants dominance over say Samsung.

KevinOF

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Google is all about search and the new dialer hits their sweet spot. Definitely see it on the play store.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something? When did the google camera hit the Play Store?

I was thinking the same thing. Before I even got to your reply I went and checked, and Cannot find anything.

Most OEMs will not have Google's stock dialer in their OSes unless they are able to modify it, because the design language conflicts terribly with Sense and TouchWiz, for example.

I have no idea why Moto didn't include it, other than Google wanting to keep it Nexus-exclusive for a while, like the Google Experience Launcher.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see both the Dialer and Launcher hit the PlayStore. I see a good chance of it happening considering google have been putting up other essential apps to be downloadable and porting them to iOS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol