Philippe Silveira

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I just downloaded the android 4.4 kitkat to my phone and I am having a problem with the hotspot.
On the 4.3 I have used my hotspot to play online games without any problem, but with the 4.4 it says that I have a firewall blocking it.
What should I do??? (By the way I took my sim card and put on my old phone that has android 4.3 and it worked normally, so its not a problem with my internet or service)
Thanks

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I thought that you were referring to a 3rd party toggle app. Do you have any apps with a firewall built in?

apq

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I always used the hotspot on Nexus 4 with 4.3 without problem on tmobile. After the phone upgraded to 4.4, the hotspot is active, but any browser on any device trying to use the hotspot now says I have to get a tmobile hotspot subscription. Nothing changed except the android upgrade.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem tethering with T-Mobile. My prepaid unlimited plan includes 2.4GB of tethering. I think this is only an issue if you do not have any included tethering.

Don Dondatta

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I just downloaded the android 4.4 kitkat to my phone and I am having a problem with the hotspot.
On the 4.3 I have used my hotspot to play online games without any problem, but with the 4.4 it says that I have a firewall blocking it.
What should I do??? (By the way I took my sim card and put on my old phone that has android 4.3 and it worked normally, so its not a problem with my internet or service)
Thanks

Hey I changed my ipv6 to ipv4 in my apn settings and my hot spot works fin

Anthony Gomes

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Thanks
Hey check this out...same issue with my LG GPRO after updating from jellybean to kitkat, the hotspot links to the laptop but just refuses to connect to any website. so i researched and tried this and it worked for me.
go to settings....mobile networks....access point names....
since i have vodafone, it lists four different access points. I immediately figured kit kat had changed the default selection. The wrong access point was selected. On re setting this to the default access point ("vodafonemobileconnect"), hotspot was up and swimming like a shark.
This reply is posted via my hotspot connection on the kit kat updated device. cheers.
hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2