Nexus 4 KitKat Messaging App

BScoopy

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 was just upgraded to the android Kit Kat version via OTA. However, I am having problems with the stock messaging app. No matter what app I choose as the default messaging app Textra or ChompSMS, the pop-up notification for the stock messaging app always shows up, despite the fact that I have already turned the notification off on the stock messaging app. This means I am getting two pop-ups each time I get a text message. While not the end of the world, it is getting to be very annoying. Any suggestions from anyone here on what to do? Thank you in advance.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
If you go to Setting -> More..., it'll let you select Default SMS app.

If that don't work, go to Settings -> Apps-> All and disable Messaging, if it let you.

BScoopy

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
someguy01234, thanks for the suggestions, but none seem to work! Have tried selecting the default sms app through settings, and also disabling the messaging app, which it does allow. However, I am still getting two notifications for all sms messages, grrrrrrrr!

Am I the only one experiencing this with the new Kit Kat that requires us to select a default sms app?

BScoopy

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Surprised no one here is experiencing this problem, a google search on this double text message shows that quite a few others are experiencing the same. The problem seems to be with the new Google Hangouts app.

Google Groups

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol