How to arrange apps in custom order?

Infiniteloop7

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am new to Android and just received my Nexus 5 a few days ago. I would like to know how can I arrange my apps in custom order in the app drawer, just so the more frequently used apps are on the first page. Also, is there any way to create folders in the app drawer? I really like the look of the kitkat launcher, so I am not sure if I want to go with a different launcher at this point. I tried googling before posting here, but couldn't find any solution specific for kitkat. Any help would be greatly appreciated

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
You can't do it in the app drawer. But you can on the home screens. You can drag and drop apps on your home screens from the app drawer in any order you want, create folders, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
No, you just can't have that for stock, its Google launcher and that's how it is. Download third party launchers if you want more.

You can try solo launcher that can both sort apps and create folders and groups in the app drawer, but it's not optimized for KitKat yet.

Infiniteloop7

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Besides solo launcher, what are some other launchers that allow users to custom sort apps and create folders in app drawer?

EastPhilly

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Go Launcher Ex has always been a favorite of mine, but there are some flaws on kitkat. For best results you would have to disable the setting button and make it so long-pressing the multi-view button goes to settings.

Danil001

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
The solution I've found for my Galaxy Note is to create folders with name starting with '-' or any other symbol and sort apps by alphabetical order. It's not perfect solution but it was good enough for me.