List your problems faced after kitkat update

bagou01

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
personnally, i got KITKAT ota on my 2013 N7 AFTER a factory reset, and kitkat ota on my N4 before factory reset + cache partition wipe, and here are the problems i face :
1 : can't set new access point name :

on my N4, i want to set data connection after the factory reset, so i go to access point names, create the correct one, and it saves correctly, but there is no "circle" next to it allowing me to check it... weird... the only solution was to modify one of the two already existing access points which had a circle next to it, so i could check it.

2 : can't set a mp3 as ringtone like before

on jelly bean, i simply downloaded an mp3, and selected it with a file manager when chosing my notiification sound. now when i do this, it gets back to "hangouts message". the only solution was to cut / paste the mp3 in the ringtone folder.

3 : general performance are the exact same at best :

no performance improvements so far, i checked memory and did antutu just after reboot, before and after kitkat so conditions are the same :
Antutu after reboot on plane mode with 4.3 : 17228
Antutu after reboot on plane mode with 4.4 : 17205

same goes for ram usage but given it never really stabilizes to one fix number, i prefer not to give numbers, but globally, i stayed at the very same level..
And globally i find it to be a bit less snappy

4 : youtube is not in the playstore :

I don't know why but youtube is the only app that's not listed in my playstore. i didn't install it manually, so i don't understand. when i want to update it, i got to look for it on google.com, so i get the link to the playstore page of youtube, and then i see "update"... but when i look for it in playstore app, it's nowhere to be found... weird..

List you issues here if you got some too....

MKSafwan

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I also have similar thread to this.

As for me, on Nexus 4,
1) Data connection lost for 2g only (or rather cannot connect to Google server)
2) Battery performance really bad right after the update. I have checked the battery usage and found Google+ is using very high battery, second to screen usage.

Kim Whitton

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I installed Kit kat a few days ago, and i have had nothing but problems.
My battery is losing charge very quickly. Buttons on the phone not working, getting stuck.
Phone keeps locking up more frequently and powering off.

Worst update ever!! Please advise if this is going to be fixed and sorted with a newer update?????

Nawaar_5

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
So far, my Green Farm 3 and Kingsoft Office just stop immediately when you start it, and my Email gives an error everytime it automatically syncs. I've reported the problem to both android and gameloft and kingston. Not sure about who to contact for email problem.

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm getting a general slowness in the android keyboard response, battery draining faster than normal, apps not immediately showing in the recent apps screen, white pixels randomly appearing on my wallpaper, and the date appearing incorrectly on my start screen widget (instead of always showing like "Thur, November 28" it randomly changes to "ThurNovember28"). That's in addition to my Nexus 7 feeling just plain laggy since the new is install.

Posted via Android Central App

bagou01

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
On my side, i did hard reset+wipe cache partition on both N4 and N7, and for the general slowness, it seems to have helped.
While for the battery, kitkat introduced 3 location modes, and the defaut one is not the "battery saving" one, have you tried setting it on battery saving ?

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a stock Nexus 4 on T-Mobile...

1) GO Weather, Simple Calendar, and Google Currents widgets taking a LONG time to load when phone boots up.
2) T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app sending "activate" texts everytime the phone boots, which show up in SMS app.
3) Wallpaper selected from picture gallery sets different from the "preview" screen when you set wallpaper.
4) Wallpaper selected from picture gallery does not cover entire screen (it cuts off at the bottom) on a reboot, necessitating resetting the wallpaper.
5) When using SMS Popup, messages appear as unread in stock messaging app.
6) SMS Popup is not listed under Settings>Wireless&Networks>More>Default SMS App.
7) After booting phone -On the lock screen the day and month display, beneath the time All run together. Example - instead of Thu, November 28 it is displayed as ThuNovember28. However, it sorts itself out after a few minutes.

So, a lot of it is just apps acting a little buggy. Hopefully that will get sorted in future app updates. Also, I know this was an intentional feature of Kit Kat - but I really miss the blue highlights in the status bar and keyboard. Also, I REALLY wish there was a way to re-activate the the down/up arrows that showed signal activity on the status bar. I know they are now in quick settings, but I found this pretty useful when troubleshooting. The phone basically works well, but so far Kit Kat seems a little "buggy" compared to Jellybean. On the plus side, battery life seems to be improved.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with uploading pictures to FB since 4.4 update?! I keep getting a "Failed to open file" message!

I am getting the same problem trying to upload a picture to a WordPress blogge from within Chrome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 7 2013 2nd Gen
01. Firefox will not run flash.
02. ATT U-Verse Android APP no longer works.
03. Amazon Prime no longer works.
KITKAT is crap. Google is becoming Apple.

Last edited:

Aimes_D

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
No kitkat but I got an update for 3.4 which made no sense as I was on 4.2??? Is this an error?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

saltydavid

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Rooted nexus 7. Stickmount searches but nothing happens. tap unmounts and get "the mount service is busy - try again in a few seconds" Worked fine on 4.3. works ok now with nexus media importer.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I envisage a loner, weakling, hateful of normal people, seething with envy, soon to show up at a mall or school. Unaware of who their father is.

Indigoquilter

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Boat browser no longer reflows/wraps text when you increase the font size. I'm visually impaired so this is crucial for me. Help, please?

Also Fancy Widgets isn't displaying properly, but that'sa minor inconvenience.

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My biggest single issue is battery runtime. This thing sucks battery life like I just can't believe. I did a wipe last night and I'm seeing stuff use battery that I'm not even using. Like Google Search accounted for 15% of battery consumption, and I never even touched it once!

As soon as I have access to an Internet connection for my laptop, I'm going to find and follow the instructions for reverting to 4.3, because this is just getting completely out of hand.

Burgo

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
After running KK on two Nexus 4s for a week one has Google Search on constant wake lock and draining battery overnight even with all location options off, WiFi & GPRS off as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Shivazi Sadhak

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Google Now doesn't work after updating my Nexus 4 to Kit Kat. It says,"Google Now is turned off for your domain;" but this is my personal account, I don't use Google Apps for Business.

Posted via Android Central App

kayak23

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Dolphin browser is constantly crashing now following the update. Links on some websites don't do anything when 'clicked'...
This sucks...

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 (2013) sucks battery like a *****!!, otherwise works fine.

Nexus 4 terrible battery and was fine for 6 days and today its been giving me nothing but problems, screen freeze, lag, when any app is open the screen goes left and right like someone is swiping it?, i've tried to clear cache, factory reset and cleared any 3rd party apps and still it has this terrible freezing laggy issue.

Bring back 4.3 it was gorgeous!

Hope Google release an update to 4.4 very very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles