4.4 killed my N4

hsbcarter

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
My N4 is not rooted or has anything on it that was not on the Google Play store. Was prompted to do the OTA update yesterday - which I dilligently did. The update downloaded and then attempted to install the update. It rebooted and then did the new Google loading insignia and has stayed there ever since swirling around. When you press the power button, or even the volume down and power button it just restarts and you end up at the same place.

'Phoned Google Play support and their response was a no-quibble advanced warranty swap. Hopefully coming tomorrow.

I dont know what the problem was but there was obviously some sort of corruption. Not seen anyone with this problem so hope its isolated.

HSB

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Very Isolated. Can be fixed on your own but if thats not something that's comfortable to you and they are going to send you the swap then nothing to worry about.Hopefully the one they send you will already be updated so one less thing for you to worry about.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Safe to say any Nexus 4 replacement he receives will not be updated to 4.4. Any replacement sent out will have been manufactered long ago and sitting on a shelf for quite some time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo