Nexus 7 Revert to previous Android version?

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
So I did the factory reset, unfortunately KitKat is still here. Anyone know how to revert to the last android os? Again, my nexus7 2012 isn't rooted, and being an android noob I'd really prefer not rooting it.

Posted via Android Central App

Adam Tentis

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I did the factory reset, unfortunately KitKat is still here. Anyone know how to revert to the last android os? Again, my nexus7 2012 isn't rooted, and being an android noob I'd really prefer not rooting it.

I wasn't telling you to do a factory reset to revert it. I was telling you to do one to help with the slowness. Slowness after an update is very common until you reset.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
My 2012 N7 was updated to 4.4 and no lag or problems at all. You have probably done this already but did you look for any app you might have previously installed on your N7 that might be causing the problem. Could be something that was Ok with 4.3 but is not working well with 4.4

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
The factory reset didn't help at all with the slowness/lag. I wiped everything and started from scratch, no improvement at all. So found info on reverting to 4.3 on the xda developer forums, which I did, and am so glad I did. Back to having no problems. I won't be upgrading to kitkat again, that much I'm sure of. Kitkat was just terrible...

Gordon316

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
@christopher -- have you got the url available that helped you revert to 4.3? That what I want to do after 4.4 has messed me up. :-(
Thanks