I just re-rooted my Nexus 10 to Clockwork ROM, and I have Android 4.2.2 installed and tried to install to Android 4.4, but when I was in recovery mode and installing the .zip image, it said the process was aborted because it was expecting Android 4.3 and some number and also listed a version of 4.4. I'm confused. It won't let me install 4.4....what do I do. Also, when you download the factory image, it's in tgz format, so how do you make that work in Windows?

I tried to let it auto update to 4.4, but it's not happening. I did have 4.3 ready to go, but I backed out of it before installing because it gave me a warning stating that this act is irreversible. That scared me a bit, and I wanted to look around more first and now I can't find 4.3. Do I even need to update to 4.3 first and if not, then how do I update 4.4? Thanks
    11-29-2013 05:02 AM
    Easiest way to go about this would be to flash the 4.4 image. WIth that said, back up any files you have saved first.

As for the tgz format, winrar and 7zip can be used to extract.
    11-29-2013 07:39 AM
    Short answer is yes if you want to apply the OTA package. No if you flash factory image directly.

Okay first off, you need to be running stock to apply the updates, you can't flash Google's OTA update packages to a custom rom, it simply doesn't work that way and will softbrick your device. Also if you have custom recovery, I'm not sure if CWM is able to flash OTA update pages yet, but it might also brick your device, you might want to revert to stock recovery and use the adb sideload feature or use TWRP.

If you have a rooted device, backup all your data first before applying OTA updates since things can go wrong and you might lose your data. We discussed this here.

If you are on stock rom, there isn't an OTA update for 4.2.2 -> 4.4. You can however do: 4.2.2 -> 4.3 -> 4.4. So you need to first install "JWR66Y from JDQ39", then "KRT16S from JWR66Y".

Or flash the factory image without wiping your data. Follow this instruction: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...e-restore.html. However, you need to use the correct Nexus 10 factory image file.
    As you follow the guide, do not type "fastboot erase userdata". And instead of "fastboot -w update image.zip", leave out the -w, so only type "fastboot update image.zip". This will allow you to retain your datas.
    11-29-2013 08:37 AM