OK, this is ridiculous...

Thoughts, folks?
    11-30-2013 09:47 PM
    might want to check your network strength.. That could easily drain your battery.. Did you break in the battery yet.. so many factors. Maybe a sim replacement.. Another guess. android os is running quite high...

ok - i think you have a nexus 4.. there has been a lot of complaints about battery life in general with 4.4 - Your best bet is a factory reset.. let it run for a couple of days.. If you still have problems i would roll back to 4.3. Assuming you had better battery life.

i have come to the harsh realization that the nexus division is great for developers, but not for daily drivers.. If one has followed the nexus series closely since its inception. Every model has been plagued with problems... Fallacy nexus (galaxy nexus lte edition) - fail.. nexus 7 2012 - fail.. 5 hours of tablet battery life if i'm lucky.

Hope some info might have helped...
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
    11-30-2013 09:54 PM
    might want to check your network strength.. That could easily drain your battery..
    The four hours-n-change does not include about 15 or 20 minutes that I had my phone on for earlier in the day at the Walmart I was temping at. Cell reception sucks for T-Mo there so I kept my phone off the rest of the day.

Did you break in the battery yet.. so many factors. Maybe a sim replacement.. Another guess. android os is running quite high...
    I bought the phone this January, so yes, it should be broken in by now. :-)

ok - i think you have a nexus 4.. there has been a lot of complaints about battery life in general with 4.4 - Your best bet is a factory reset.. let it run for a couple of days.. If you still have problems i would roll back to 4.3. Assuming you had better battery life.
    I do, and I will try that. I'm not quite sure how to do the rollback, but if this problem isn't resolved by a nuke-n-pave, then that's the only remaining option.

i have come to the harsh realization that the nexus division is great for developers, but not for daily drivers..
    Honestly, up to this point the phone has been golden. It is far and away the best Android-based phone I've owned (Samsung Moment [which Sprint replaced four times]; HTC EVO 4G; Nexus 4). I bought it because it is GSM, unlocked, and pentaband. I want the total freedom it offers.

Hope some info might have helped...
    We shall see. Thanks for your quick response!
    11-30-2013 11:13 PM
    yea that's bad.
    11-30-2013 11:45 PM