Will Spotify, Songa, and Pandora metadata show in car when connected through bluetooth?

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2012 Toyota Corrolla. When playing Spotify, Songza, or Pandora on some of my Android phones, the artist, album, and track would not display when connected through bluetooth. I couldn't get it to work with a Note 3, or a G2. I believe it worked with my Moto X but honestly can't remember 100%. Does this work with Android 4.4?

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure any Bluetooth hookup will do. I have a 2012 ford with Sync, and when connected to Sync, it does display track info for Pandora.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean when you said "Not sure any bluetooth hookup will do." Do you mean that only certain cars will work? I've been using an iPhone for the last few months and this pain and the neck issue is one of the only things keeping me from switching back to Android.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
No, I mean only certain specialized systems will read this information. Ford Sync is one such system. For a generic Bluetooth device, it will simply relay the audio, not other track information.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
It works with my Moto X, but I haven't used it since the 4.4 update so I was just curious. My Moto X displayed all information but I've never had another android phone that did. I'm buying a Nexus 5 today but want to address this issue I'm having first.

j_cam003

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2012 Honda civic si and it reads metadata from my moto x (4.4) when I use pretty much anything. Pandora, google play music, pocket casts, tunein. Everything works perfectly. Its been allowed by default since 4.3, and most apps take advantage of it. Its really a matter of the car. I think the new corolla should be just fine since it is designed with technology integration in mind.

Edit: even my nexus 7 showed metadata when I was in between phones and used it, my s3 functioned the same as well. It is not specific to any one device.

Posted via Android Central App

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a base model Prius now and nothing but the iPhone seems to work. Same "entertainment" set up as my 2012 Corrolla. I've tried the X, G2, and HTC One.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad