Bluetooth and lock screen. Please help!

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Not sure if this is the right place but I have a nexus 4 that I have just updated to Kitkat. I also just bought a Bluetooth portable speaker (jbl flip) which I am happy with (only paid ?2 through tesco clubcard boost scheme!)

HOwever when it is streaming to the speaker and the screen locks if I open the screen by entering my pass code the music really stutters.

I wondered if there was a way of setting locks screen to Not come on when Bluetooth streaming? I have contacted jbl who advised shutting down all apps except play music but it's made no difference.

Anyone any ideas if this is a common issue with bt speakers or is it just the ones I have bought?

Hope someone can help and apologies if in the wrong forum (wasn't sure if it should be under nexus 4 or Kitkat!)

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Might this be a KitKat issue? My wife's nexus 4 which isn't updated yet doesn't have any sound issues when locking or unlocking.

I turned off ny password but still sane problems

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed any stuttering through the Google Music app on either my N5 or N7 (2013) when streaming audio to a bluetooth headset.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's a thought... maybe the stuttering isn't due to the act of locking/unlocking, but rather the sound that plays. Are screen lock sounds turned on (Settings > Sound > Screen lock sound)? If so, turn them off. If they're already off, then this may be an issue with Bluetooth.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
By Jove! I think you've cracked it!!

Will test fully later this week but a quick check this morning with lock sounds off shows no issues.

Thanks!

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Having tested again I can confirm that it was the lock screen sounds that were causing the issue. I turned those off and no more problems!!!

Thanks Patrick!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci