Samsung Galaxy S3 bug after 4.4 update... (Download notifications won't go away.)

udderjuice

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So I have a Virgin Mobile Galaxy S3 that just got the 4.4 update this morning. Afterwards it had to redownload/update nearly every app on the device as well as all my SNES and Playsation ROMs which I though was odd.

Now all the notifications for thos downloads will not go away. I've cleared them all at once, I've cleared them all individually. When I turn the screen off and then turn it back on an dunlock the phone all those notifications are back in the notification bar.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to solve it?

Thanks.

diversebydesign

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I have a VZW SGS3 and I was not holding my breath for getting the update anytime soon. But you got it yesterday so I would assume that I just have to wait for VZW to get off their arse and do some work!

Sorry I don't have any answers on your notification issue.

CvilleLambo

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My S3 just got the 4.3 update but did similar things. If you hold down one of those download notifications, it should bring up the app details. Click the "app details" and clear the cache. Normally its in your downloads area. Hope this helps.

jmozdzier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a sprint galaxy s3 and just got the OTA 4.3 upgrade. Ever since the phone booted with the new rom, i have had 1 download notification that wont go away. I have pressed on the notification and cleard the app cache, i have even deleted the actual download file but it still returns to the notification bar. Any other ideas?

jmozdzier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Discoverd tht if you open the downloads app from your app list you can clear the list of downloads under both tabs. It wont delete the downloads, only the refernce or memory of them in the app. Worked for me.

mjonesy1

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Clearing the Cache of the Downloads app did not work for me but this did.....

Menu, Settings, More, Application Manager, [pull the screen until you see ALL], scroll down to Download Manager, Clear Data.

Dagmar Wetzel

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Go to your apps there is one app named DOWNLOADS KLICK ON THIS IT WILL OPEN UP A NEW WINDOW "internet download and other downloads open both of them and clear them ....your problem will be solved ....just did it myself

Gohbee

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My S3 just got the 4.3 update but did similar things. If you hold down one of those download notifications, it should bring up the app details. Click the "app details" and clear the cache. Normally its in your downloads area. Hope this helps.

This worked for me! I turned off the notifications first then cleared the cache and turned them back on. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze