I've been using hangouts for SMS since my Nexus 4 got the Kit Kat update. When I get an SMS I get the notification popup as I have with every SMS app I've used, and I and do a quick reply to the SMS from the popup, but when I press send it disappears off into... I have no idea where. It never arrives and if I look at the hangout thread it should relate to it isn't there.

I did wonder if the popup might be coming from my old SMS add (Handsent) but the icon is Hangouts and the message isn't in Handsent either.

Any ideas?
    12-09-2013 05:43 AM
    I'm guessing that as Hangouts takes over your SMS tasks completely it's not allowing you to use an aspect of another app I.e the popup on Handcent to send SMS
    12-09-2013 05:58 AM
    I was assuming the popup was part of Hangouts rather than Handsent. Doesn't Hangouts give you a notification quick reply popup?
    12-09-2013 06:30 AM
    In hangout every one facing the same issue and even we are nit able to send smiley if one person using hangout and other using the old G-talk version. Many more issue are available like the delay in reply and sometime it hang my device.

Thanks and Regards,
    Gesto: The Gesture Challenge
    12-09-2013 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD