kitkat 4.4.2

Venkataraman AP

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Got the update for 4.4.2 but whiling updating there was an error. Everything is fine now except that I din get the update. What should I do to get the update... I have been checking for 'check for updates' but no use till now..

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you try and reboot the phone and then check for an update? What device are you using?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
As I understand it, if for some reason you don't accept the update, it will come to you again the next batch, maybe a day later. There's nothing to worry about but I know how anxious I can get waiting. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Venkataraman AP

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes I got the update after changing the date as you said but again there was same error while installing.. What now...??

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you on WiFi? Try switching to 3G. If you are on 3G, try switching to WiFi. The other poster changed dates and changed connection type. I didn't think the latter would make a difference but it's worth a try. Reboot before you try again, too.

Venkataraman AP

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Am not able to post the pic here.. But what I see, it starts installing the system update and suddenly it stops and shows 'error'..

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Am not able to post the pic here.. But what I see, it starts installing the system update and suddenly it stops and shows 'error'..

Ahh. That's a different problem after all. It sounds like maybe it could be helped by a simple thing but I am not sure what. But I'm pretty sure it is simple to fix (not by going to the trouble of a factory reset). Hopefully someone who had this problem will chime in.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Do Nexus phones have PC desktop software? Motorola does and when I had this issue on the past I had to do a PC download.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
when my wifi connection wasnt good enough to download the upgrade i cycled the phone on and off and then updating was no prob. YMMV

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I've encountered a strange bug on the Nexus 7 2012. The device received 4.4.2 OTA and is running the gel launcher. Whenever I reboot the device the right hand side dock icon disappears regardless of what app icon it is.

Obviously this isn't a show stopper, but it's starting to annoy.

Edit- It seems like it's a problem with gel not playing nicely with 4.4.2. Nova seems fine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy