Cloud Print?

Dave Woods

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
How exactly is this supposed to work.

Im running 4.4.2 and am used to airprint on the ipad, that just worked natively with my print (Brother 5470)

Ive setup cloudprint, which my wifi printer supports as well and have that setup.

If I use My Drive, I can print from there if I long press a .docx for example and select print. However using the print option from the vertical elipse icon in various apps (gmail, chrome, etc), while my printer is shown as a cloudprint printer, rather than a "print" button, I get a save button that is grayed out. and eventually I get a unavilable beside my printer name. Its odd that one API can see it, yet another can't. Not sure what the issue is.

While cloud print isn't bad, would it kill google to add a direct print API, rather than routing everything through the web? I suppose the HP stuff is an attempt to do that, but being manufacturer specfic kinda sucks. The brother iprint&scan app is OK but it lacks the OS UI that a native google service could provide.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the play store that is not Google's cloud print called cloud print. It looks like a white sheet of paper with a blue cloud in the middle. I like it because it lets me manage my Google cloud print printers.
This is just a shot in the dark, but if you use this app(you need to hit the share button in the app) it might work better.

Remember, the ban hammer is magically attracted to rudeness!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835