Gallery - Is There A Way To...?

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
The Gallery app pulls in seemingly every picture it sees, including album art.

Is there somewhere to specify for it to only look in the DCIM and My Pictures folders?

Thanks!
-Lou

Posted from my $150-off Moto X.

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. Gallery finds almost every picture in your phone. You can still delete these photos if you don't want them in your Gallery :)

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think so. And I presume that deleting them from Gallery would strip my albums naked.

Any recommendations for an alternate program?

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think so. And I presume that deleting them from Gallery would strip my albums naked.

Any recommendations for an alternate program?

I think all of the other photo apps would do the same...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Get a file manager (I use ES File Explorer: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=d9FiytZN) and navigate to the folder of which you want the photos and videos to be hidden. Select the folder and rename it with whatever you like (or you can keep the original name), and make sure to put a dot (.) in front of it. Another way to hide it is to go inside the folder you want to hide, and create a new file called ".nomedia", this will do the same trick.
PS: If you can't see the folder anymore in ES File Explorer, go through your settings until you find an option called something like "Show hidden files" and check it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I think someone here on the forums turned me on to quickpic to use instead of Gallery. It enables you to hide folders like album art and that annoying folder with nothing in it thats on 4.4.2. also a big plus for me is you can move images to other folders with it.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I think putting a ".nomedia" file in a folder is best, it will prevent the Media Scanner from recognizing any media files. But you'' have to use some gallary app that can view folders structure to look at the images afterward.

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Quickpic suggestion!

Works perfectly. You can specify folders to ignore or folders to include. So, I just had it exclude the Music folder and that solved the problem.

Thanks again
Lou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12