Why no sync in quick settings?

anon(8198425)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
So if I remember correctly, the quick-settings (the ones where you swipe down the right of the screen on tablets and two-finger swipe on phones) were added in Jelly Bean right?
So why on earth is sync still not there? Does anyone know?

I know there are ways and means to add it or use things like power toggles apps but I just don't understand why it's not there by default.

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
So if I remember correctly, the quick-settings (the ones where you swipe down the right of the screen on tablets and two-finger swipe on phones) were added in Jelly Bean right?
So why on earth is sync still not there? Does anyone know?

I know there are ways and means to add it or use things like power toggles apps but I just don't understand why it's not there by default.
I don't understand why a lot of other settings such as mobile data toggle aren't there by default. I would love more to be added in a future update.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Google wants sync to be there, people might not understand it and turn it off, then complain about issues like no new contacts showing up or other Google could services stopped working.

You don't have to download any apps, the stock power widget have the sync toggle. I personally use SynkerForce Widget.

sent via tapatalk

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Everybody has something different they use and wish were the quick settings view. Problem is, if they start putting everything in there it would no longer be quick settings. It would just be settings.

What would be nice is if they made it semi customizable so you could add 2 or 3 settings to the screen.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Everybody has something different they use and wish were the quick settings view. Problem is, if they start putting everything in there it would no longer be quick settings. It would just be settings.

What would be nice is if they made it semi customizable so you could add 2 or 3 settings to the screen.
It isn't quick as of now, and with inconsistencies. Why is it that you can tap and hold on WiFi Bluetooth and GPS, but have to go into mobile data screen to turn it on? And why is Airplane mode tap only while it makes the most sense to be tap and hold considering it's the one you don't want to accidentally press. Also the ordering is all wrong imo. But that's why there is custom rom and Gravity Box.

sent via tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781