App that will turn off location settings at night

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey there to all

Just wondering if anyone knows of an app similar to the original smart actions that has the ability to turn off data and location services during the night?? Currently in use battery widget fee born, that does everything except for location services.

I have heard of tasker, but I looked at it once and didn't really like it, if anyone knows of something similar that would be great.

B

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
With newer version of Android, Google don't allow GPS to be automatically switched (unless you have root). Since you don't like Tasker you can try Trigger, it's similar to Tasker, but simpler and easier to use. You can create a task to enable/disable GPS (which will require root) at a certain day and time. However, to use the "Time" condition you have to buy the Pro Upgrade for $3.

If it's for battery saving, I don't think it should use battery unless you have some app utilizing it in the background, which will display the GPS icon on your status bar. And you'll likely be charging your phone at night.

If you don't have root, there isn't much you can do except toggling GPS manually, which the stock power widget can do or the stock notification's quick toggles.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey there to all

Just wondering if anyone knows of an app similar to the original smart actions that has the ability to turn off data and location services during the night?? Currently in use battery widget fee born, that does everything except for location services.

I have heard of tasker, but I looked at it once and didn't really like it, if anyone knows of something similar that would be great.

B

Posted via Android Central App

What kind of phone?

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid Maxx, currently running 4.4, unrooted. Thanks for the replies, thats a bummer you cant turn it on or off without a root. I see the location icon in the status bar all night when my data and sync is turned off, so I know thats eating battery. Guess I will have to do it manually every night.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid Maxx, currently running 4.4, unrooted. Thanks for the replies, thats a bummer you cant turn it on or off without a root. I see the location icon in the status bar all night when my data and sync is turned off, so I know thats eating battery. Guess I will have to do it manually every night.

You should find the offending app, in Settings->Location, it should list all apps that ask for your location, check for ones that said "high battery use" those will query for your GPS location.

If you don't mind app knowing your location, you can enable Battery saving mode, which is WiFi and network location only, this won't use up extra battery.

sent via tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac