Android and headphones

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an iphone I noticed that any android phone I've had has problems with Bluetooth and wired head phones. When I won't to stop or play my podcast it works sometimes but not all the time EX: after answering a phone call. Can someone help me?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The headphones have to be compatible with Android. The iPhone ones don't work for phone calls or pausing music and most other brands are made for the iPhone.
Which ones are you using?

rmacklyn

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I think so there is some problem with the earphones. Try to change the same. Upon doing that I think so it will work properly.

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I realize there are different head phones for iOS and Android. I use the Bose IME2 and dogcatcher but after I take a call or text you someone I have to manually go and restart the podcast and then the headphones will work. There just somethings that are not as seamless
one more thing why are there no headphones with volume buttons. Is it that hard to implement?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I realize there are different head phones for iOS and Android. I use the Bose IME2 and dogcatcher but after I take a call or text you someone I have to manually go and restart the podcast and then the headphones will work. There just somethings that are not as seamless
one more thing why are there no headphones with volume buttons. Is it that hard to implement?

I've seen plenty of in ear headphones with volume buttons that work with Android...

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I've seen plenty of in ear headphones with volume buttons that work with Android...

I have seen posts from people about headphones with working volume buttons but I have yet to see an actual, professional review here or on any of the other review sites. If someone has seen one, can you please post a link?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have seen posts from people about headphones with working volume buttons but I have yet to see an actual, professional review here or on any of the other review sites. If someone has seen one, can you please post a link?

I haven't seen any reviews, but there are a lot of them made specifically for Android phones. I don't see why the volume control wouldn't work

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any reviews, but there are a lot of them made specifically for Android phones. I don't see why the volume control wouldn't work

Perhaps so, but I still want to see a professional review. Also, I have yet to come across a manufacturer's site which specifically states volume controls will work on an Android 4.0+ device.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The S4 II requires the Klipsch app for the controls to work. Per the app in the store:

"Volume Control (Android 4.0.3 or later) The volume control function in the Klipsch Control app is overridden by the system command to launch voice search."

I actually use the original S4A set every day. It is a single button control with mic. The app let's you customize the action of the button to control the volume........ on pre Android 4.0 devices.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The S4 II requires the Klipsch app for the controls to work. Per the app in the store:

"Volume Control (Android 4.0.3 or later) The volume control function in the Klipsch Control app is overridden by the system command to launch voice search."

I actually use the original S4A set every day. It is a single button control with mic. The app let's you customize the action of the button to control the volume........ on pre Android 4.0 devices.

Hmm, didn't see that. Thanks :)
How do they sound?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira