Cannot get custom sounds/ringtones to work.

ChackieJan

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5. If I choose a custom notification sound in hangouts, for example, that is an .mp3 file, I would get the word "Silent" underneath the sound setting. The same goes for ringtones, but the word that shows underneath Phone ringtone in settings would be "None". I've tried putting the file under the Ringtone folder and it still wouldn't work. How do I get custom sounds to work on KitKat/Nexus 5?

And my volume isn't set to mute or anything. It can be set all the way up and nothing would happen.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You can only set up custom ringtones in stock Android, not notifications. Put the ringtone you want into the ringtones folder and then go to settings/sound/phone ringtone and choose the tone you want. If you want specific ones for certain people, go into the People app and edit that contact.

ChackieJan

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
You can only set up custom ringtones in stock Android, not notifications. Put the ringtone you want into the ringtones folder and then go to settings/sound/phone ringtone and choose the tone you want. If you want specific ones for certain people, go into the People app and edit that contact.

There is clearly a setting that allows you to choose custom sounds for notifications. It works on my old Nexus S. I have tried putting it in ringtones folder, it doesn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish