Please Help with GoLauncher Ex and Google Now

Friar Matt

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus 5, and I am still learning the android format. I like the Google Now ("ok Google") feature, but I cannot get that to work within GO Launcher EX. I have found the widget that looks exactly like the search bar in the Google Now Launcher, but it does not respond to that voice command. Is there a way to have the GO Launcher work like the Google Now in that regard? If so, where do I find it, or how do I make it work. Thank you for your help.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK you'd have to use something like Tasker to replicate the listening functionality that is built into the Google Search Launcher.

nintendo1889

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Simple, go to :

Add, Widget, select Google Search or Google Now.

Or does Google Now keep the mic open all the time in the stock launcher? I checked the 4.4.2 stock launcher, and there is a widget built in at the top of every screen that has a mic button (but you still always have to click it to open the mic and say "ok google").

I use Go launcher ex 3.26, fwiw. It would be nice if they put a built in google now widget at the top of every screen, or the official Google Now Launcher had all the features I need (more than five screens is the main reason I stay with Go Launcher)

SomeKindOfGod

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar problem with the Speaktoit Assistant. It can be set to activate with the "Hey Assistant" phrase even when the screen is locked, but since I've installed GO Launcher EX Prime it doesn't work anymore, and a notification keeps telling me that there's a "voice recognition error" and "microphone access is blocked by another app."

Tech specs:
- Samsung S3 Mini GT-i8190
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat (CyanogenMod 11-2050130-UNOFFICIAL-golden)