Android 4.4.2???? Will the sprint GS3 get it???

Wesjayals

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sprint GS3??? When do we get it??
I've read tons of threads and posts where one says we are getting it and the other says we wont than another says we will, its just gonna take months and months to happen. So I have a simple question... Will the Sprint Galaxy S III receive the Android Kit-Kat 4.4.2 update at anytime in the months or weeks to come.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks:):)

Stashsmom

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't be in a rush to get it. Anyone I know who already has it, myself included, has found that it sucks your battery time dry! YMMV though.

Wesjayals

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if it was gonna be pretty buggy and I had read that it drained battery like crazy but I wanna see the difference from 4.3 and another thing is that tons of people said the 4.3 update was really buggy and made their phone really slow but I got it the first day it was released and I had no problems whatsoever so I have been really excited for this update.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully any bugs that are affecting battery get worked out. It's definitely going to get it, and hopefully it's out soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

alan0226

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Man go get the nexus 5. I use to be the Sammy Galaxy troll! I have rolled with the galaxy s all the way to the S3, and think god Sammy got lazy on us and made the the s4 look like the s3's twin crappy! It made me look at sam a Lil closer just to see that they think they are hot stuff (does anybody now of days think of apple when discussing Samsung!). Bloated down soooo hot and heavy with star trek features that are often at best hit and miss on a good day, to where the phone barely wants to boot up for the first time! I have Sprint in my dealings with OTA's Sprint seems to just dish them out! Almost as if they are getting paid for each phone that gets updated! I heard rumors of the s3 getting the 4.3 update for over a year before I got it. And man I can not tell u how long ago it was when I first heard about the 4.4 updated "supposedly" going to be rocking out on the s3! I beat u it is Sammy holding up all the OTA goodness! Most probably cause it takes them that long to make it compatible with all of its starship troopers bells and whistles that will never be use and can not be disabled or uninstall! And u now the standard is that they only really promise OTA updates for two years with each new series of devices. Now I am phasing out all my over priced star dazzied dollar general Sammy tech! Not worth it! I found new lov with LG & Google with my current phone the nexus 5! No bloat apps that claim to be able to wipe my a** and sux my battery at the same time ! Which sounds nice...... Anyway a more serious note 4.4.2 runs get was most likely designed for the Google's flagship smartphone. There is an option on 4.4.2 under developer settings to run the device in ART mode, which gives my NEX5 better battery life to an already battery sipping device plus no more riding the rest of my life on the " OH NOW THEY PUSHED MY PHONE'S UPDATE BACK ANOTHER TEN YEARS!!" bandwagon!!

Posted via NEXUS 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca