4.42 HTC One..how do I get rid of the lock screen?

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I never use it.. to me, it;s a pain. Previously we were offered options under Personalize..and one of those was to NOT have a lock screen. I don't see that option anywhere. Is it hidden somewhere? I would like my lock screen gone! Thank you!:mad:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I never use it.. to me, it;s a pain. Previously we were offered options under Personalize..and one of those was to NOT have a lock screen. I don't see that option anywhere. Is it hidden somewhere? I would like my lock screen gone! Thank you!:mad:

You can't set your lock screen to none? I think it should be under the security tab in the settings menu,

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I was just heading there when your message came in.. Thanks. I'll check it out now..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Damn. I set it for no lock screen, and yet there it is! I wonder why? It's just a pain for me to have it there..not the end of the world, but I can't seem to get rid of it.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Being so new, there is nothing out there when I search on how to get rid of the lock screen on HTC ONE 4.42. It's just kind of driving me crazy, because I don't need it! If anyone finds a way, let me know. You used to be able to go to Personalize, and remove the lock screen from there. 4.42 does not have that option. I tried Security, too..but it's still there.. grrr!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
When you said you set it for no lock do you mean you checked the box for "Bypass lock screen on wake" and it's still there? I have mine checked and I don't have to swipe up to unlock, but I'm using facelock. So it goes straight to the facelock screen.

J Salvetti

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys, the Lock Screen and the Security Screen are two different things. With the Lock Screen, you first need to slide up on the lock symbol, then you have to input your pin or draw or face or whatever to get to Home. With the Security Screen, you only need to slide up on the lock symbol to get to Home.

With "Bypass lock screen on wake" option, if it's checked, the Lock Screen won't appear, but the Security Screen is still there. It "Skip lock screen and go[es] directly to Security screen," as it says. There used to be an option under Personalize that disabled the Security screen entirely, but it seems HTC removed it for some asinine reason :\

Try a free app I use called "No Lock", super simple - open the app, one large button that says Lock Enabled, press to change to Lock Disabled, never worry again - or search Google Play Market for "disable lock screen" or something similar ("No Lock" is the first app to come up using that search term). Good luck ^_^=b

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781