Is KitKat the end of FoxFi?

Rithisak

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Did it finally happen and they finally block FoxFi permanently? I will miss running my laptop off it since I don't have home internet and just happened to be lucky enough that a Verizon tower is nearby and only other option is satellite which I had and was a waste of money. Any other options?

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi shouldn't be necessary... I am on the HTC One... perhaps it is phone dependent,

I am allowed to do Mobile Hotspot, USB network or Bluetooth tethering without any added software.

I just go to Settings -> More (bottom of the wireless section) -> Mobile Network Sharing

Rithisak

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I was able to use tethering through PDAnet and it works with no issues but the hotspot goes into checking subscription and fails because I am not paying for the Hotspot through Verizon and all the WiFi apps I tried get an immediate message saying your phone has updated and blocked wfi but I am cool with just the tethering. I am using a Droid Ultra.

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid so. I tethered my Google tablet to my phone with Foxfi/pdanet until the tablet updated to Kitkat. Foxfi still connects to the tablet via bluetooth, but no Internet connection through the tether. Foxfi has been saying they're working on it for months now, with no update since. So I'm afraid Kitkat broke it for good.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy