missing space on nexus 5

mrdumbo10

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
On my nexus 5 it says that I have 12. 58 gigabytes of storage and I've used 7.3 but when I do the math I have only used 3 .2 gigabytes. where is the rest of the storage gone because I know that some of it is used for the Android system I'm still confused as to where the extra has gone. the phone is rooted and its running carbon rom

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings>storage and take a screen shot, then post it here. The numbers you're giving don't make sense.I'm assuming you have a 16gb version, so that means 16GB of unformated space. Once it's formatted and the OS installed, you have about 12.58GB left for apps and storage (pics, videos, movies, app data, etc). If you post a screenshot it will be easier to see what space you're missing (if any) and what space you are using.

To take a screen shot, press and hold power and volume down at the same time for a couple seconds. When the screenshot is captured your phone will beep (and maybe vibrate), and a screenshot icon will show up in your notification bar

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think I see what's happening here, but to be sure, clarify: when you say you've done the math, what do you mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC