Can you change ANYTHING on the stock lock screen?

rago123

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I recently got the M8 upgrading from the Galaxy Nexus. I am a design student, and I HATE, I mean HATE the current clock set up with that damn weather icon and how it all looks uneven. Are there any widgets/apps or anything which I can change this?

On my galaxy: http://i.imgur.com/7Dj2rbP.png

On my one: http://i.imgur.com/tY6slIf.png

Is there anyway I can change my current clock or SOMETHING. I do know that I can add a new widget page and have a new clock, but I can't make this my default lockscreen. Sliding across on the lockscreen seems pointless to me - i want this visible when i double tap my phone.

Attachments

• 7Dj2rbP.png
    7Dj2rbP.png
    554.4 KB · Views: 78

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That lockscreen doesn't have to be your default. You can remove it by first swiping down to hide the pattern unlock dots, and then long-pressing the widget. It will give you the option of removing that widget. If that's the only lockscreen widget you have, it might not let you remove it, so first, you may have to add some other lockscreen widget, like DashClock. Then, go back to the lockscreen, and then long-press the one you want to remove.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Chronus, very configurable and flexible. And it centers the clock. You don't have to use the weather, I also have a pull down agenda on the lock screen.

u5yruder.jpg

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

rago123

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That lockscreen doesn't have to be your default. You can remove it by first swiping down to hide the pattern unlock dots, and then long-pressing the widget. It will give you the option of removing that widget. If that's the only lockscreen widget you have, it might not let you remove it, so first, you may have to add some other lockscreen widget, like DashClock. Then, go back to the lockscreen, and then long-press the one you want to remove.

That doesn't work, the remove option is greyed out on the stock screen

rago123

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I use Chronus, very configurable and flexible. And it centers the clock. You don't have to use the weather, I also have a pull down agenda on the lock screen.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/01/u5yruder.jpg

Thanks; I've currently installed Slide lock. Seems perfect for what I wanted. Just got to test it out a bit more. I'm not 100% that my notification light works with it,

JulietPurcell

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Is Chronus usable on a non-rooted phone? I've just installed it on my my non-rooted SGS3 but can't get it to change my lock screen.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Is Chronus usable on a non-rooted phone? I've just installed it on my my non-rooted SGS3 but can't get it to change my lock screen.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yes, I am stock and locked. Go to the lock screen and slide left. Tap on the plus sign and a list of widgets will open. There are several for Chronus. I use the Flex one for clock, weather, battery and agenda. It's a great app. I also use the agenda on my homescreen.

JulietPurcell

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am stock and locked. Go to the lock screen and slide left. Tap on the plus sign and a list of widgets will open. There are several for Chronus. I use the Flex one for clock, weather, battery and agenda. It's a great app. I also use the agenda on my homescreen.

Hi & thanks got response. On trying this it does nothing & won't slide at all (left/right nor any other direction!). I went into Settings/Lock Screen/Lock Screen widgets to enable them, but it only referred to Clovk or Personal Message.
But I think my Lockscreen widgets are enabled.
Still not getting anywhere though.
Anything I have missed?
Appreciate the help. 😊

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. That's a feature on 4.3. I don't know what else to tell you. Do you have a screen like this under lock screen? Multiple widgets should be ticked for more screens on the lock screen.

Where did you get your phone?

ahyhyvys.jpg

JulietPurcell

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine looks nothing like that. Oh dear! I linked a screenshot of mine earlier in this thread.

I've had other problem with phone too, getting google error message. Maybe I should do Factory Reset. I've only had phone couple weeks & didn't wipe it when got it. Though it was new & unlocked so didn't see need.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't work, the remove option is greyed out on the stock screen

Did you try on your Nexus or your One? I don't know if the One has a different lockscreen setup than the Nexus, but on vanilla Android, you should be able to remove the default lockscreen clock widget. Again, if you only have that one lockscreen widget set up, you probably won't be able to remove it, because then you wouldn't have any lockscreens. That's why I suggested adding another lockscreen widget first, by swiping in from the left and tapping the big [+] to add another lockscreen widget (any one will do). Once you've added another widget, you should then be able to long press the default clock widget, then remove it.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine looks nothing like that. Oh dear! I linked a screenshot of mine earlier in this thread.

I've had other problem with phone too, getting google error message. Maybe I should do Factory Reset. I've only had phone couple weeks & didn't wipe it when got it. Though it was new & unlocked so didn't see need.

I'm on 4.4.2 but you should still have the multi widget option. I had that in 4.3. Where did you buy your phone and what carrier are you on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams