How to stop notifications from interrupting audio playback?

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
On Android 4.3, and playing any type of media such as MP3 or movies, and a text message, e-mail, or any other type of messages is received, unless the phone is actually muted the audio playback is interrupted with a notification. Has that been addressed in KitKat?

I'd like the option to dis-able audio notifications (blinking LED or vibrate is preferred) so the audio experience isn't interrupted.

Thanks,
David...

Last edited by a moderator:

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notifications interrupting audio playback?

Which media player are you using to play your music?

I think it's been a long time since I noticed this happening to me, but I use the Stock Samsung Music player on my Note 3 (4.3, it's VZW).

I think in Google Play Music the music would get interrupted by Notifications, so I disabled it and don't use it.

My LED still blinks with the Samsung Music App.

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

I'm using the stock music player that came with the S3,and it also occurs work my TuneIn Radio Pro app. I've also noticed it on other audio apps I've tried in the past.

Thanks,
David...

Posted via Sprint's SGSIII Using The Android Central App

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

Go to settings sounds volume, and turn off just the notification sounds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Go to settings sounds volume, and turn off just the notification sounds.

But that defeats the purpose of having notifications. Most people I know (including myself) have notifications on, and prefer that they be on during the day. What I'm wanting (and expecting) is that notifications can easily be muted while multimedia is being played, without having to go in and turn notification on and off every time I launch a multimedia app.

David...

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I just put my phone on vibrate when listening to music, video or any other feature that would be interrupted by notifications

Allan Rich

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

Coming from an iPhone background, I would have expected the notifications to play OVER the music like in iOS. Android notifications interrupt the playback and occasionally stop it. Like you, I have gotten into the habit of putting the phone on vibrate to alleviate this annoyance.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

My old HTC Hero did just this. It played the notification over the music. My HTC One M7 pauses the music for a split second. I prefer the sound being played over the music the way it was before.

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

Apps in play store for this like "don't pause". Just need to search

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol