nexus 7 auto-rotation problem

Zak Nordon

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a reboot?

I did a full factory reset on mine, and ur worked... For less than 24 hours. Sometimes sitting it down with auto rotate locked, rebooting, and unlocking it works, but either way they have to fix this, or my Nexus 7 is going out the window of a moving vehicle

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This probably isn't it, but it's worth checking if auto rotate is turned on in the device settings. Look under Accessibility.

Johnny Long

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
My N 7 screen rotation stopped working with the recent (late June 2014) Android 4.4.4 update. Tried multiple reboots to no avail.
Under SETTINGS, ACCESSIBILITY, the "auto rotate" option WAS already checked, but un-checking then RE-checking the box solved the problem. Voila'... now auto rotates!
Hope this works for y'all too.
Johnny

Last edited:

David Price8

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Found solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to clear the cache of the nexus 7. Do a search for "reboot" and on android forums you'll see a step by step guide.I.e power on and when logo appears hold down volume button together until reboot screen appears. It's with screen grabs so easy to follow. Enjoy.

Stef R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
It's very frustrating. The only way I can SOMETIMES get auto-rotate to work, is to completely turn off my tablet and then turn it back on again. But lately that doesn't even work. I've only had the tablet a few months, so this really should not be happening.

CompuDino

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
BIG THANKS zorak950. I don't mess with Settings enough to even find where the auto-rotate switch was. I now have my rotate back working. :)

My auto-rotate just stopped working and got stuck in landscape mode. Thanks to this thread, I (finally) found where the auto-rotate setting was. When I looked at the setting, it was checked to auto-rotate so I unchecked it, then re-checked it and happily that was all I needed to do.

Last edited:

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Assuming you do not have the rotation lock setting enabled I think I have a solution for you.

I had this same issue and I literally tried for 3 months trying to fix it. I finally found some obscure website with a fix. It involved opening up your tablet and basically "securing" one of the cables. After I did that I have not had a rotation problem anymore.

미운오리

DancesWithBikers

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My 2013 Nexus 7 quit rotating a week or two after updating to Lollipop. It's the first time I've had any trouble with it. Clearing the cache fixed it. Thanks for the tip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae