Samsung would like to ditch Android and Google....

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Internal Documents: Samsung Wants To Abandon Android - Business Insider

With all the issues re: Kit Kat, I thought this document in the litigation might be interesting. ;)

My guess: never happening, at least not exclusively. And if it does, well, I can't pre-judge build quality, etc, but the point of Android is its integration with Google in many respects. Ditch one, you're going a long way to ditching the other. I'm pretty invested in Google. It would be hard to go to another ecosystem.

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Internal Documents: Samsung Wants To Abandon Android - Business Insider

With all the issues re: Kit Kat, I thought this document in the litigation might be interesting. ;)

My guess: never happening, at least not exclusively. And if it does, well, I can't pre-judge build quality, etc, but the point of Android is its integration with Google in many respects. Ditch one, you're going a long way to ditching the other. I'm pretty invested in Google. It would be hard to go to another ecosystem.

I agree. This point of Android is Google, and go is so simple, intuitive, and easy to understand, that many users will find it very difficult to adapt to another eco-system. I mean, if Samsung was to leave Google, that would be like breaking their trust in so many levels, Google will probably not let Samsung use its products, which in turn will lead to the failure of Samsung's move, probably to return to Google on its knees.

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been speculating that Samsung will do this for a while now. I really think they would be shooting themselves in the foot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, like consumers need yet another OS to use on a mobile device.

Or hey, maybe they'll take over building hardware for BlackBerry and incorporate that dying OS...

;)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I swear I heard that Samsung and google had gotten better relations.
I like Google. and I know I'm having to learn the android system after a iPhone.

But I like the S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy