Nexus 5 - Fail to Boot

debowebo

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 5 crapped out on me today. I was using it when it suddenly restarted and began an infinite loop of load screen, saying its updating, than stating "Unfortunatly the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."

I attempted a wipe/system reset several times but it shows the same "failed to mount" error each time.

Is there anything I can do at this point? Can I flash it via my pc?

See error messages:

photo (1).JPG

photo (2).JPG

Thanks!

debowebo

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. No, its not rooted. Everything is stock. I can get to the recovery menu in the instructions but all attempts at wipe/reset and clear cache fail.

debowebo

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
If all else fails, you could try flashing the stock ROM back on the phone. I'll have to link you to another site, because I'm not sure if there are any guides on AC: http://www.droid-life.com/2013/11/05/how-to-flash-nexus-5-factory-images/

Thanks for the link. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get this to work and I managed to get as far as this step:
Screenshot 2014-04-22 07.33.06.png

I also tried flashing the images manually from the system-tools folder but got a failure for "fastboot flash system system.img"

Also I noticed I had to run "fastboot oem unlock" to proceed with a few of the steps.

Any ideas what next?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I don't have experience with the process myself, so hopefully someone else can help here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2