Android 4.4.2 Maintenance.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I am relatively new to Android (at least to Modern Android). I currently have a Moto X with 4.4.2. Question. Is it necessary to do system maintenance? Scan for junk files, clear cache (recommend an app if so) etc. Or is Android just like iOS or OSX for example capable of taking care of that by itself. Other than not filling up my storage with unnecessary apps, is there anything else I should do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5, and never have to do any kind of maintenance like that. I used to have All-in-One Toolbox installed in case I wanted to quickly clear app caches (which you can do from the normal Settings menu anyway) or do other maintenance, but I just uninstalled it because I realized I never use it.

If you notice the phone getting a little sluggish, then you could probably try clearing the app caches by going to Settings>Storage, tapping the Cached Data section, and then agreeing to clear all cached data.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5, and never have to do any kind of maintenance like that. I used to have All-in-One Toolbox installed in case I wanted to quickly clear app caches (which you can do from the normal Settings menu anyway) or do other maintenance, but I just uninstalled it because I realized I never use it.

If you notice the phone getting a little sluggish, then you could probably try clearing the app caches by going to Settings>Storage, tapping the Cached Data section, and then agreeing to clear all cached data.

Wow! I never knew about that cache clearing function in Settings>Storage!! Thank you! I am uninstalling my cache clearing app

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about that option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know about that option either. Seems to be quite thorough. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Neat! I never knew about that either. I just love Android - I really do. I love it the way I used to love Windows, before it got all Metro-ish.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon