Transferring Data from old to New SD card in 4.4

Jerrduford

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having some major issues after upgrading from my old Class 2 (Samsung) 16 GB SD card to a new 64 GB class 10. The card seems fine, holds data and can read/write just fine.

I was able to transfer over everything in the ANDROID folder, but when it comes to pictures and other odds and ends, I can transfer them all PC side, but when I plug it into the phone, the files are either all deleted, all corrupt (and then deleted by the file system) or partially corrupt. It is tested while in the PC and the files are not corrupt.

I even tried doing a direct image from the old SD card to the new. (using HDD raw copy tool). Verified all files were there to the kilobyte - Put the SD card in phone and poof! Most of the files, especially everything under DCIM, gone.

Is this a 4.4 issue? A transfer method issue? Or possibly a card issue?
Anyone know of a fix? I am on Verizon GS5 and cannot root, but want to store as much of my data on the SD card as possible..

Jerrduford

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
To add:
I have also tried writing all of my pictures to the phone itself (over USB), which works fine. With an empty card, I snap a quick picture to get the 'camera' (SD) folder. I then try to move all of my pictures on the device to the SD card. Poof. All corrupt again, and then they delete theirselves.

I have also tried writing direct to the SD card while it's plugged into the phone, via PC over USB. Same issue. They write just fine but aren't readable post-write.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance