app data sync?

Justin967

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I can not get my app data to sync on my nexus 4. Under my Google account it says there is a sync error. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What device do you have? If you're able to wipe the system cache partition on it, it's worth trying. But we need to know which device first.

You could also consider going to Settings>Accounts​, removing your Google account, and the adding it back.

Justin967

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned I have a nexus 4 in my post. I should have mentioned I have tried removing and readding the account.

Justin967

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Haha its okay. Unfortunately didn't help. Maybe that will have helped my wakelocks in some way. Can't check that stuff since I'm not rooted. thanks Google for changing that up...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which Google service is giving you a sync error? I remember getting a constant sync error for Contacts on my old Razr Maxx, but the Contacts would still sync correctly. So are you sure the sync isn't actually being successful in your case?

kae77

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on a Nexus 5. Reset the cache, rebooted, removed the account and readded... nothing.

It'd be nice if they provided more information with the error message.

makfish

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone find a solution for this? I have a Nexus 4. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the cache, clearing the data, force quitting, disconnecting and reconnecting - nothing. I keep getting this vague app data sync error and I have stopped getting gmail notifications.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I ended up just doing a factory reset. It was overdue in any case; I had a ton of cached junk eating up memory. Problem solved.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This is not a reply to Makfish, or anyone else on this forum, but just a general remark. Why is a factory reset going to be a solution? We should not have to be doing factory resets to fix problems. This is an Android issue Google needs to fix! PERIOD!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo