apps disappearing

jwalker1239

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Any idea what is causing my apps to disappear? They look transparent on the screen and the android guy is there instead of the app pic and it says sd in the background. I tried restarting the phone and it made more of them go away. When I click on them it says they are not install. This has Ben gapping randomly for a mounth.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Did you move your apps to your SD card before the kitkat update? What type of phone do you have? What type and size SD card do you have?

jwalker1239

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
No I didn't move them prior to the update. I have had this problem going on a few weeks before the update. My phone is a galaxy s4. The sd card is 2g and I'm not sure on the brand, I would have to take my otterbox defender case off to check.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
No I didn't move them prior to the update. I have had this problem going on a few weeks before the update. My phone is a galaxy s4. The sd card is 2g and I'm not sure on the brand, I would have to take my otterbox defender case off to check.

I can tell you the 2gb cards are flimsy and really too small for a phone of this magnitude. They go bad very easily and don't last. That may or may not be the issue but just a guess from what you are describing

EDIT: Have you tried unmounting and remounting the sd card?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Reformat your sd card and restart your phone. If that doesn't work than you may want to buy a larger sd card.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5