Hangout SMS thread sometimes goes to bottom of list (with wrong date listed)

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This isn't happening a lot, but it is happening enough to get me annoyed...

There's about 4-5 people I msg via Hangouts SMS. Below those there are 4-5 that I infrequently contact.

Sometimes one of the people that I txt a lot with will go missing from the top section of the list. I check Archived to see if I mistakenly archived them and can't find them. Then I remember of the bug and I go back to the main list, scroll all the way down to the end and there they are.

The date listed on the right side is an old date, but if I open up the thread I clearly have more recent messages from them.

One example: right now the last thread listed on my main Hangouts page has a date of "Mar 25". But if I open the thread one will see the last message was actually May 1st (and I many messages with them in May).

This happened the other day with someone I txt a lot with. They vanished from the top section of the list, I scrolled down and found them at the very bottom with a date of "Nov 15" listed on the main page.

Is this happening to anyone else? What is causing it??

(Note: I only use Hangouts for SMS, I'm not currently logged into my google account.)

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have this EXACT same program!! It's bugging me so much I registered to find out if anyone has a solution. Please help!

My "solution" was to stop using Google Hangouts and instead use Google Messenger. That solved other problems too (like constantly being automatically logged into my google account in Hangouts even though I only wanted to use it for sms). With Messenger I haven't yet had that weird date problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams