how do i display predictive text everywhere, need to override spastic text input boxes that stop it

kazafog

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi just bought a HTC m8, my first android device. I have asked and researched etc to no avail.

"how do i display predictive text everywhere, need to override spastic text input boxes that stop it".

I have tried numerous keyboards, without success. The main problem is if predictive text stops so do my text shortcuts which is rubbish. For instance some input boxes in chrome display it and some do not.

I hope i am wrong. But it seems to me on 4.4.2 on HTC one m8 at least, that the developers have no idea. One could argue that chrome's url input box gives its own predictions (not all do though), but its not the same really is it?

Please tell me i am wrong.

BTW i noticed with google keyboard if i use the swype typing method my shortcuts work, but not conventional typing.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If you use SwiftKey and you're rooted, Wanam Xposed has a module to enable predictive text everywhere. It's called "SwiftKey Prediction on More Fields".

kazafog

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Jim. I appreciate the advice.

I haven't rooted it yet, but this rubbish setup by android means i am going to have to. It. Really makes me wonder what the hell the oriiginal developers have rattling around inside their heads. They offer shortcuts that rely on a function that can be shut off by any app, therefore any other developer can remove a so called standard function.

Not very impressed with android.