Worx Home stopped pop-up after upgrade to 4.4

Wesley Bell

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Upgraded to 4.4. and after restart, received a continuously annoying "Unfortunately, Worx Home has stopped working" even if I select report or ok, pop-up is back in a sec. Eventually made it interestingly to the Worx Home app in application manager to either force stop/uninstall and both options are greyed out. I read hitting clear cache will stop pop-up, but that didn't work. I have been through Play Store on both web and phone trying to uninstall and somehow the option is not available either, Playstore reflects "This app is incompatible with your device". Done a battery remove and couple reboots too. I have an S4.

So I am stuck how to make the pop-up go away or uninstall app and none of prior searches have yielded any solutions.

Thanks
Wesley

Last edited:

absolutcrobi

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
it's a little late but still relevant. You have to reboot your phone in safe mode. depending on your model this is usually done by holding the power and volume up or down buttons as the first splash screen loads. Once in safe mode you can remove worx and then reinstall it after you reboot.
I've had to fix this several times at my company.

Ran Levi1

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
For me the error began after the forced Lollipop upgrade, going into safe mode did not do the trick and application uninstall option was still grayed out.
Ended up resolving this after going into device administrator menu and disabling security feature for worx home.
Only then I was allowed to uninstall the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane