Help with battery drain nexus 5

Dayce Manalo

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My battery drains even the screen is off. Battery consumption said it's the Android OS that is draining the most of it since it's about 75+%. I've uninstalled alot of apps till Android OS is the only one who drains the battery the most. While other remaining apps just consumpt around 1%-5%.. I'm not even using the phone. I fully charged it to 100% at 1am and it's already drained and dead when I woke up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us screenshots of your battery stats when the battery has drained pretty low? Show us the main screen, the graph, and if you see Cell Standby, tap that and show us that screen. If your cell signal is poor, you'll see a lot of "Time without signal," which can cause battery drain because the cell radio is constantly searching for signal.

Also, have you tried a reboot? Sometimes, if there is a process that is being overactive, a reboot can correct it.

pageo

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Are others seeing battery issues in the past month or two?

I am also seeing battery drain fast. It started in April 2014 and occurs most days. Today was typical, it drained to less than 50% in about 6 hours even though it was not being used. I've started doing a recharge during the day, which is a PITA work around.

Posted via Android Central App

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My battery is also draining really fast since the Kit kat update on my Droid Razr Maxx HD. Says screen is the main still, but then it says Android OS, Android System, and Google Play Services are the next three. I don't do much other than scroll facebook once a day and send a couple text. Can't get through a day on a charge since the update. Also Facebook is not working well since the updated. Freezing constantly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My battery is also draining really fast since the Kit kat update on my Droid Razr Maxx HD. Says screen is the main still, but then it says Android OS, Android System, and Google Play Services are the next three. I don't do much other than scroll facebook once a day and send a couple text. Can't get through a day on a charge since the update. Also Facebook is not working well since the updated. Freezing constantly.

Have you tried a cache partition wipe yet? https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f75a168264

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The newest Play services update caused wakelock battery drain on my Nexus 5. I did several restarts and that has fixed the issue for now. If that doesn't work, try a factory reset.

Sent from my Note 10.1 via Android Central App

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us screenshots of your battery stats when the battery has drained pretty low? Show us the main screen, the graph, and if you see Cell Standby, tap that and show us that screen. If your cell signal is poor, you'll see a lot of "Time without signal," which can cause battery drain because the cell radio is constantly searching for signal.

Also, have you tried a reboot? Sometimes, if there is a process that is being overactive, a reboot can correct it.

Its not a nexus only issue. Even with other phones which have 4.4.2 out of the box.
I factory reset my phone(easy coz i only recently bought it), not a single app installed, yet the battery drains about 10-20% every six hours of inactivity

1.Phone in full range
2.Phone in flight mode
None helped.

Andoid OS takes 75% and will discharge your phone heavily no matter what.
Note this never happened for any factory reset JB devices.
Definitely a kitkat issue.

CRB444

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I am now experiencing the same battery drain issue with my nexus 4. Stats show the Android OS the biggest user of power. Phone will not last a day now and I hardly use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084