Bluetooth Issues Since Upgrade

TammOk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 through Sprint. It initially had the Andriod 4.3 system and it worked fine. I have it linked to my car - Toyota Sienna Entune system. The Bluetooth worked great, no problems. A couple of months ago the phone upgraded to Andriod 4.42 (Kit-Kat) and I've had nothing but problems.

The Bluetooth keeps dropping. I could be driving down the street or just parked in an open lot and it will disconnect from the car system. This is really bad when I'm on a phone call. Then I have to suddenly reach for my phone which defeats the purpose of 'hands-free'. There are times when I'm not even in my car and the Bluetooth will drop. This is what the screen looks like when it does drop:
Screenshot_2014-05-27-07-35-35.jpg

Also, the contacts won't update even though when I attempt to transfer or update the contacts it states 'Transfer Successful'.

I took the phone to Sprint and they cleared out the Bluetooth cache and said that should fix this issue. I re-linked the phone, drove 3 blocks - Bluetooth drops!!!

Am I the only one experiencing this issue or others like it? Is there a way to move back to the 4.3 version so I can use all the functions on my phone and car system?

Thomas Skaff

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue with Kit Kat 4.4.2. I replied to you in previous thread I found. I'm still searching for answer to this. Did you ever get the random disconnects to stop ? It's so annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton