Widgets? Notifications on locked screen

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
New to Android moving from the iProduct line of goods. Would someone please advise what I can add to the locked home screen to display: Missed call, Text received, Email received. I think I need to add a widget or do I add an app which automatically adds any widget available on the widget menu?

Is there one current good app or widget that will do all the above. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android, and to Android Central! What device do you have?

There are a number of good lockscreen widgets and lockscreen replacements out there. DashClock is excellent, and has many extensions available. Also consider Chronus.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Currently playing around with a Moto G and will most likely move to the next Moto X+1 or Nexus 5 replacement. Already have been a Nexus 7 user since last winter.

I just needed a bit of guidance and those two apps look exactly like what I'm shooting for. Thank you.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Dynamic Notifications is a similar idea carried to the next level. My choice for quick access to missed alerts

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Dynamic notifications is the best third party options that I know of

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Dynamic notifications is the best third party options that I know of

I think it was Dynamic Notifications that hosed my Note 3 when I updated from Knox rooted 4.3 to 4.4.2. When the screen timed out, the phone got very hot and I couldn't wake it up again.

I ended up doing a full wipe and clean install to get around it. I emailed the developer at the time but have yet to receive a response. I did like the program a lot though, but I'm afraid to try it again. Is it working for you on KitKat? If so, I might try it again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it was Dynamic Notifications that hosed my Note 3 when I updated from Knox rooted 4.3 to 4.4.2. When the screen timed out, the phone got very hot and I couldn't wake it up again.

I ended up doing a full wipe and clean install to get around it. I emailed the developer at the time but have yet to receive a response. I did like the program a lot though, but I'm afraid to try it again. Is it working for you on KitKat? If so, I might try it again.

I haven't used it on kk, so can't comment

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I am on kk and (for me at least) it works great

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
New to Android moving from the iProduct line of goods. Would someone please advise what I can add to the locked home screen to display: Missed call, Text received, Email received. I think I need to add a widget or do I add an app which automatically adds any widget available on the widget menu?

Is there one current good app or widget that will do all the above. Thank you.

DynamicNotifications
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=a7dmrN8Z

There is a Free version and a Paid vesion with a few more features.

It wakes up your phone whenever you get a notifcation (if it's not in your pocket or face-down) and flashes your most recent notifications on the lockscreen. It also shows previews of the messages and has a nifty Moto-style interface.

The Free Version only shows your notifications temporarily (You can choose how long it'll display before timing out). The paid version lets you completely replace your stock lockscreen with DynamicNotification's lock screen, which IMO is much better.

It's also compatible with DashClock widgets, if you want to use both.

I use it on my Galaxy S5 with Android Kit Kat. No issues for me.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
OP here, replacing Moto G with the Moto X. I guess I'll have the built in Moto notifications and won't need to add another app. Thanks for all the suggestions in case I'm still needing one.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01