I've had horrible battery since the last update and its continued over this update as well. Even with GPS, led, Bluetooth and screen brightness turned off/down and closing apps so they're not running in the BG my battery is dying within a good two to three hours.

It even appears to be discharging while plugged in and this is with original cords. I'm at a loss...

Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-24-2014 04:27 PM
    I've had horrible battery since the last update and its continued over this update as well. Even with GPS, led, Bluetooth and screen brightness turned off/down and closing apps so they're not running in the BG my battery is dying within a good two to three hours.

It even appears to be discharging while plugged in and this is with original cords. I'm at a loss...

Nexus 5

Have you either cleared the cache in recovery or done a factory reset since updating? The cache clear is less intrusive. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...-recovery.html
    06-24-2014 04:47 PM
    I've tried a factory to no luck which would constitute a cache clear itself anyways. My next step is to return it for a new one unless someone else has a better option. Sadly I have another month until my plan is eligible for a free upgrade. May change away from my beloved nexus if they can't provide decent updates

06-24-2014 04:50 PM
    Golfdriver97, I once again did a factory and cleared the cache and its seemed to work. At least its actually charging now so I'd assume that did the trick. Appreciate the help

06-24-2014 10:12 PM
    Golfdriver97, I once again did a factory and cleared the cache and its seemed to work. At least its actually charging now so I'd assume that did the trick. Appreciate the help

Sorry, first time revisiting the thread. Glad it helped. If you'd like, follow up in a couple days.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app
    06-25-2014 01:47 PM