Really frustrated with KitKat on my Razr M

mobolovesmusic

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Just recently updated to KitKat on my Verizon Razr M. I avoided it for a while after hearing bad things, and I really see why now.
  • Why did everything on the keyboard get reorganized? Now I don't know where any special characters are!
  • The white background in the text menu is just awful.
  • Alarm alerts? Seriously? I set the alarm to go off AT THE TIME I SET IT TO. I don't need or want ridiculous reminders that I can't swipe away.
  • I have the clock/weather/battery widget, and I will read a text, and the text won't go away from the bubble for literally days, no matter how many times I swipe it away or open the text thread.
  • My Amazon Kindle app constantly stops and disrupts other apps...even though I never use Kindle.

It would be great if these things could be fixed or at least get our options back. So many options got taken away too, like changing the appearance of the clock on the lock screen. I'm not sure why we would have these customization options taken away.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
You probably should do a factory reset. I also have a Razr M and aside from the white text background (which is the Kit Kat default) I haven't had any of the other problems your having. The only issue I had was with battery drain and a reset helped that considerably. Different people have had different problems and a reset is usually the best option.