android text video disappointment

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I took some nice videos of my daughter's first steps and thought it'd be cool to send it to my parents via text (hangouts) only to find out that no matter how small I cut it down to it just wouldn't send. Not on mobile data and not on wifi. My wife can send like a 30 minute hd video (I'm exaggerating of course, it's only like 2 minutes) from her iPhone 5 from 2 years ago and it's great. Why can't my months old Note 3 do it? I'm assuming it's an android os fail...

Posted via Android Central App

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a file type problem? Probably need more info like what kind of video did you try to send? mp4, avi, mov, etc? You mentioned text, but video isn't text. I don't do hangouts so I may not fully understand what you are trying to do. Can you post it on Youtube?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a file type problem? Probably need more info like what kind of video did you try to send? mp4, avi, mov, etc? You mentioned text, but video isn't text. I don't do hangouts so I may not fully understand what you are trying to do. Can you post it on Youtube?

My apologies for not being clear. I recorded video using my Note 3 phone. Then tried sharing it into a text (mms) from my Gallery and it wouldn't work. It said the video was too big (it was about a 2 minute video so it isn't "too long" IMO) . This happened on Hangouts, Samsung's stock Message app and Textra, so it's not just one text app issue.

My problem with this is that my wife can easily do this on her old iPhone... I'm perplexed why I can't do this on my brand new higher specced phone.

My assumption here is that it's a general issue with android. I'm just posting here to kind of vent my frustration as well as see if there's a work around.

Posted via Android Central App