'System update' being downloaded... but where to?

pofadda

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have many difficulties completing these upgrades on my rooted moto g and would like to save the downloaded file(s) before they are destroyed during an abortive attempt at the update. Where are they/ is it stored, please?

When I retry the update (after it has inevitably failed!), what is the least changes I need to make to ensure that the update 'takes'? Relock the phone? Delete busybox?? Sideload 4.4.2 first???

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
/cache is the download location.

Moto OTA's are designed not to work on modified devices so in theory any modification to files in the non user parts of the file system will prevent the OTA, as will a custom recovery. Having said that many users on XDA report varying success in getting the OTA through when rooted, via a custom recovery etc. Things like Xposed definately bork it, as do build.prop edits and the like, but I don't recall any mention of problems with busybox. It is probably best just to flash back to full stock everything and update before re-rooting etc.

pofadda

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Neu Smurph.

Any idea where the OTA file is stored after download?
Or, at least, where the link to the download is stored so that I can restart the download without waiting for Motorola to spot that I am still on 4.4.2?

pofadda

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Any idea where the OTA file is stored after download?
Or, at least, where the link to the download is stored ...?
Sorry - I should have said that I have looked in /cache and found no likely files except Blur_Version.176.44.1falcon_umts.TescoSL.en.GB. Does this look like it ('Blur' sounds Motorola-like and 'Tesco' is the original seller of my phone)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair