MotoE/G has no SD card restrictions?

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I hear from my friend who has an unrooted MotoE.
Apparently all the apps write directly to SD card like whatsapp and 3rd party mediaplayers can delete from SDcard.
Also he stated ES file explorer allows us to perform filelocking of files directly on the SDcard.

I find none of this possible in a samsung or lg phone. No whatsapp, no browser, no filelocker can work with SD card.

So motorolla removed SD card restrictions for motoE ? *puzzled*

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Apparently all the apps write directly to SD card like whatsapp and 3rd party mediaplayers can delete from SDcard.
Also he stated ES file explorer allows us to perform filelocking of files directly on the SDcard.

I find none of this possible in a samsung or lg phone. No whatsapp, no browser, no filelocker can work with SD card.

I highly doubt that is the case. Either the device is rooted, or not all apps are moveable to the sd card. Even then, not all of the app is able to be moved to the sd card for security reasons.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Well does he run stock rom as well? he cloud be running a non rooted rom :D

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
No it is an out of box new motoE.
He is a dumbass and im sure he does not know what rooting means.
I suspect due to the patheticaly small internal memory, moto tweaked the OS to enable direct SD card access?
Not sure.

His ESfile explorer and Whatsapp directly write to SD card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC