Clear credentials grayed out

TheRealPaoStark

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone.

Finally got the answer to this. I just experienced it like...half an hour ago. Just go to "Device Policy" in Apps. You'll see it from there. It's on the bottom part. You can remove your "administrator". Mine went back to normal.

Hope this helps!

Berkshire88

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
I had exactly same problem. It seemed as if someone had taken over the admin rights of my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Found out finally that it was my office email ! I had just added my Exchange server settings. Thanks to Microsoft 360 , it applies the security policies and blocks the admin acccess to your own phone. Never had this issue in iphone, so I find this quite weird for samsung phone ( andriod).

Shalin12317

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes VPN apps become administrators and result in this I had the same problem. Go to lock screen >OTHER SECURITY SETTINGS > DEVICE ADMINISTRATORS and then disable the VPN app from being the device administrator this will allow you to change the lock screen settings

nickcole5

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi .. i have trouble changing my lockscreen .. it always give another option... one option didn't work and it is the "encryption" thing ... and i still haven't try the "clear credentials" because i don't know what it do yet .. i just to change my lockscreen's lock .. because everything is all grayed out except the "password" "pin" & "pattern"..

Sree_raj

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
I dont know about others but in my phone when i have put a pin lock .clear credentials havs come back alive.
Hope this will help u guys.

Rachid65

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
I don't understand if you don't have the answer why you asking a qs we are here to have the answer for the qs asked not asking more qs if you have a qs ask your own .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki