Trouble Adding Outlook Mail Account on 4.4

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I recently started a job which provides me with an Outlook email account. I downloaded the Outlook app but it does not recognize either my email address or my outlook user ID. Am I better off using the stock email app, or is there a trick to getting it to work?

Interestingly, the instructions on Microsoft's website are inaccurate and do not work. I have not been able to get my account to work with the stock Email app either.

Device is a stock Nexus 4 on the latest version of Kit Kat.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I presume you are connecting to a corporate Exchange server. I'm not am expert but our company uses TouchDown, www.nitrodesk.com. it's a fairly competent wrap-around app that does a good job keeping in sync and nicely separates work from personal life. All Outlook contacts are exposed to Android's native contact list so they appear seamless if you want them to.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It's an academic institution, I don't know if that is a different setup from a corporate one. I've seen a few third party apps, and Iwill look into TouchDown. However, it seems to me the two ways I've tried *should* work!

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Got it working with the stock email app. I swear, I don't understand why Microsoft has to make things to difficult... Anyway, if anyone has any insights into getting the Outlook app to work I would appreciate it!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante