Fixed Rebooting, need help finding problem App

SirDuke78

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I hope this is the right place for this. I have been having issues with my Moto X constantly rebooting. Had the issue a few months back and reinstalled Android and the problem went away. Now it's back. Phone will work for a few minutes, and then randomly restart. I could be replying to text, answering call, anything could cause the reboot. The error on re-launch was about Touchless control failed.

Anyhow, I read about safe mode and gave that a try. Safe Mode has solved about 80% of my problems with no restarts today. I can make calls, send texts, and emails with no issue. Certain apps have no issue either. Was able to use Feedly and listened to Rhapsody at the gym with no issue. Was able to listen to bluetooth at gym and made calls over bluetooth in the car today. Even "OK, Google now worked fine". However, I do have some problem apps.

For example, IHeart Radio will launch and start a stream, and then about a minute in i get a message "Unfortunately, IHeart Radio has stopped".

Some apps don't even open. Spotify, Amazon Music, My AT&T all give me the message "Unfortunately, XXX app has stopped". Haven't tried all of my apps.

So my question is how do I figure out what is causing the issue. I am running Themer by the way in case that changes things, but not in Safe Mode. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.