Update Operating system = Battery drain

Oluwadare Oyadiji

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It seems regardless of what phone you are updating, the battery life will always decrease. I had this problem with my LG G2 upgrading from 4.2.2 Jellybean to 4.4.2 Kitkat and it seems by reading on-line a lot of people have had issues with battery life when updating there phone.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It seems regardless of what phone you are updating, the battery life will always decrease. I had this problem with my LG G2 upgrading from 4.2.2 Jellybean to 4.4.2 Kitkat and it seems by reading on-line a lot of people have had issues with battery life when updating there phone.

{begin rant}
The problem isn't the updates themselves, but rather the way they are deployed.

The best way to install an update cleanly would be to backup all necessary user and app data, wipe the device (format drive), install the new OS software version, restore applicable user/app data. Unfortunately, this concept is simply too complex for the "average user" (apparently). People don't want to be burdened with backing up and restoring data or having to manually setup their user profiles on their phones. So instead, the OEMs/carriers just push out an update file and patch the existing software, which almost always leads to problems, which (in nothing else) usually includes more frequent crashes and decreased battery life.

I'm not even suggesting that a physical connection to a PC would be required, most user data can already be synced automatically to the "cloud", which could be used for manual full device backups as well. It's really the wiping of current data that needs to be part of the upgrade process. Anyone who is familiar with installing ROMs knows that almost every developer out there doesn't even want to hear about bugs unless you've done a "clean flash" of the ROM in question. Flashing an OS update over an existing version is well known to cause bugs and headaches...yet that's exactly how OEMs and carriers push them out.
{end rant}

Bottom line, if you're having issues once you've updated, do a factory reset. A large portion of the time you find that this will fix a lot of the bugs and excess battery drain many experience after an OTA update.

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm having an issue just installing the update does anyone know how to fix that? I've gotten notice of it 3 times now and when it goes to install it errors out. I'm on a Galaxy s4 and have more than enough room. I've seen that it says I can install from SD card but I don't know where to find the file to put on my SD card. If anyone can help that would be great.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
{begin rant}

Bottom line, if you're having issues once you've updated, do a factory reset. A large portion of the time you find that this will fix a lot of the bugs and excess battery drain many experience after an OTA update.

Very true in my experience: I ALWAYS hard reset after an update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos