The new hangouts app with Google Voice integration got downloaded by my phone. I turned it on to see what's up. I have "Send SMS From" set to "Reply from last number used with contact". However, when I look at the text entry box it says "Send SMS to XXX from my Carrier number", not "Send SMS from my Google Voice number", even though I have always used GV to send and receive SMS to that contact. What number will be used if I reply to this SMS thread, my GV number or carrier number? Does the Hangouts/GV integration actually work, or does this apparently erroneous notice say that it doesn't?
    09-15-2014 11:49 AM
    The new hangouts app with Google Voice integration got downloaded by my phone. I turned it on to see what's up. I have "Send SMS From" set to "Reply from last number used with contact". However, when I look at the text entry box it says "Send SMS to XXX from my Carrier number", not "Send SMS from my Google Voice number", even though I have always used GV to send and receive SMS to that contact. What number will be used if I reply to this SMS thread, my GV number or carrier number? Does the Hangouts/GV integration actually work, or does this apparently erroneous notice say that it doesn't?
    Your google voice account is still in process... hangouts should give you an option to turn on google voice sms. Give it a day or so!
    09-15-2014 02:35 PM
    It did give me an option (the big blue box) to turn on GV sms, which I clicked yes on.
    09-15-2014 05:00 PM